Wednesday 15 June 2016

ALBERT THE FISH

Has anyone noticed the fish sculpture/installation on the corner of Market st. and Lathlain dr. in Belconnen near the markets and Bunnings? Don't feel bad if you haven't, I drive past there on a daily basis and have lived in the area for 10 years now and only just seen it for the first time last weekend.

It was (upon reading the plaque) installed there in 1990 by some art students but even more curiously is called "Albert". I can't help but wonder if this was a sneaky tribute to one of the most vile and sadistic serial killers of all time "Albert Fish" 

Oddly enough it was only through an app called "Ingress" that my boy downloaded on the phone which uses local landmarks like an orienteering game so you have to go find the object and tag yourself there on GPS. 

Anyway I thought it was pretty cool and its given me a heads up to slow down a little and observe my surroundings, you never know what you'll find :)

No comments:

Post a Comment